Are you having trouble with your writing? Feeling stuck or unsure about how to move forward?
Are you looking for gentle, meaningful feedback about your work-in-progress?
Not sure if you need a writing coach, a beta-reader, or some suggestions on editing? Maybe a bit of everything?
Maybe we need to talk.
I haven’t found the perfect term for what I do, but I think of myself as being a “Writer’s Helper”. I’ll talk, I’ll read, I’ll ask questions, I’ll answer questions, I’ll give feedback, and I’ll do it in a caring and supportive way.
I work with most of my clients over the phone or Zoom. There is nothing formal about this. As an intuitive, empathic person, I tend to go with the flow and let the writer lead the conversation with whatever it is they want to talk about. A lot can come up during a session, and we have to see where it takes us. So, if you’re looking for a more structured accountability system for your writing – that’s not me.
In fact, traditional writing advice about word count, productivity, and goals can and does cause a lot of anxiety among writers, especially highly sensitve, anxious, or stuck writers. My goal is to support you and help you connect with your own intuition so that you can move forward in a direction that feels good.
Sometimes it can really help to talk to another writer about the things you can’t talk about at a writer’s group, or with your therapist, or with your spouse. Sometimes, only another writer will do.
I am currently doing single phone sessions with writers, booked as needed and as our schedules align. This is a one-hour conversation about your writing. Or about anything at all, actually.
If you –
- Are a new writer, working on your first book, and need help moving forward.
- Are working on a memoir, or other personal narrative, and aren’t sure how to tackle the hard, painful bits.
- Find yourself generally stuck or not sure how to proceed with your writing, and are driving yourself a bit bonkers.
- Have a solid first draft and need a gentle reader to help get it to the second draft.
- Are having problems with transitions, flow, structure, or dialog.
- Have what you think is a final draft and want feedback and suggestions.
- Generally don’t enjoy writing groups and would prefer to work one-on-one in a casual, caring, way.
- Are thinking about self-publishing and want some basic advice about what to expect…
…then I might be the person you’ve been looking for.
Things I don’t do:
- Serious copy-editing and pre-production proofreading. Please, no.
- Make any guarantees about your progress or success. Your word count and timeline are up to you.
- Make you sign a contract or a package deal for my services.
If any of this resonates with you and if you’d like to talk about your writing, reach out to me with some details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One-hour phone or Zoom call: $120.
- Beta-read with light edits and suggestions: $450 up to 100k words. This includes a one-hour phone call and email support during the process.
- Is there something else I can help with? Reach out and we’ll figure it out, or I can point you to some resources.
I use PayPal for easy billing and payments.